THIRD EYE RING
Regular price $ 190.00
They say the third eye refers to the gate that leads to higher consciousness. Honey, this piece will get you there. Not only will you experience enlightenment, but you'll look good doing it.
All are handmade and due to the nature of this process some pieces might present some small variations, which in our opinion makes them even more unique and personal.
- Material: Gold-plated silver
- Available in sizes: small (4-5), medium (6), and large (7-8)
- Variations: mother of pearl, jade, and goldstone
Some info about our variations:
- Mother of pearl is considered an organic gem, a natural organism that has been mineralized while preserving its organic structure. This material comes from a protective layer of light colored lines inside the shells of mollusks in general. Known to some as the ‘nacre’ such as on a pearl; it is the shiny layer that forms inside of the shell.
- Jade refers to a fine-grained, mineral aggregate composed of highly inter-grown, interlocking crystals of Jadeite and/or Nephrite. It was long believed for centuries that Jade was but one gemstone. In 1863 that changed and the two types of jade were recognized. Jadeite is found in Myanmar, Guatemala, Japan and the US, whereas Nephrite is found in Central Asia, Russia, Canada, Mexico and the US among others. It is said that in Chinese tradition, Jade symbolized all five virtues of humanity: Wisdom, Compassion, Justice, Modesty and Courage, therefore often symbols of these virtues were carved into pieces of Jade.
- Goldstone is a man made gemstone consisting of cobalt flecks suspended in glass. This combination amounts to an effect called "aventurescence" similar to metallic glitter. The original manufacturing process for goldstone was invented in Venice in seventeenth-century by the Miotti family. Urban legend says goldstone was an accidental discovery by alchemist monks trying to make gold (which is why the stone is sometimes referred to as “monkstone”), but there is no pre-Miotti documentation to confirm this.